Thursday, October 6, 2016

World Card Making Day Project #3


Good Morning Friends.

Last week I was complaining about the hot weather.

Well, over the weekend the weather changed pretty dramatically.
We went from 100 degrees to to the low 70's and even got a bit of rain.
It actually feels like fall.

Today I am sharing another card I made from the
inspiration challenge from the Winnie and Walter Blog

This challenge is Rainbow color.

For my card I stamped and embossed leaves randomly on water color paper.

I then colored in my leaves in different rainbow colors.  

I got a little messy with one of the leaves so  I ended up adding color to the background.
I actually think it worked out much better than having the background all white.

I did not feel I had captured the essence of the rainbow color
so I decided to watercolor the sentiment as a rainbow.  

I added a second black die cut to add some shadow to the word "wonderful" to
allow the colors to pop off the background.  





I am really enjoying these new stitched background die's I purchased.
The sticking  not only helped with flattening the watercolor paper but they
add some interesting dimension.


Thanks for stopping by

Teresa








I will be entering this card in the following challenges 


Winnie and Walter WCMD 2016 -  Rainbow Color with Gayatri





2 comments:

  1. Messy is the best isn't it?! Your card is so fresh and fun and full of Fall spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, just a quick note of thanks! I have been having such a nice morning exploring your blog & older posts. I just HAD to comment on this one. It's inspired! I love the simplicity and the complexity of it. For an Autumn card it (& all your cards)is so full of freshness & clean color. Although it is Spring I'm wanting to dig out some leaves & make one too!! Plus I love the sentiment you chose :)

    ReplyDelete