Friday, October 3, 2014

GIU - Day 5

Happy Friday.!!!!

I am sad to say that today is my last post For Growing In Unity.  I have had so much fun sharing my projects with you.  Everyone has left such wonderful comments.  I am very encouraged by all of your kind words.

I will be choosing the winner of the Itty Bitty Stamps on Monday.  So, that give everyone through the weekend to leave a comment.

I also want to send out a big Thank You to the Unity Stamp Company for their generosity.

Today's project I made using a leaf stamp I received in a grab bag.   I found that it is part for the Color of the Seasons KOM set.  I first and embossed the leaves in white on watercolor paper. I used my twinkling H2O's to create this background.  The technique I used was to wet the H2O heavily and also wet the paper.  That way I could move the color around as I desired.  Then I heat dried the color into place.   Since the paper was very wet and was warped I found I needed to iron the paper flat.  I Then distressed the edges and sewed it onto the purple paper.  I added some stickles to the circles in the leaves.  Finishing it off with the sentiment and sequins.



Hope you enjoyed all of the projects.  Next week there will be another GIU gal.  Check out the Unity blog on Wednesday to see who will inspire you next.



Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend.

Teresa



I will be entering this card into the following challenges







18 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like the technique with the twinkling H2Os and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is beautiful for those pretty leaves. Fun projects all week Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super technique! and I LOVE your leaves! They are so whimsical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW love the way you made the background ...looks gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you distressed the edges of your background and then sewed it to the card base!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fall card! I love the watercolored H2O's background and the pretty leaf design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful!! I haven't tried Twinkling H2Os yet, but they are on my wishlist....esp now!!! Thanks for a lovely week.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty fall card. Thanks for sharing all the projects with us this week. I enjoyed visiting your blog to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colours and those pretty leaves. Thanks for the tip on wetting the paper. Must try that. My watercolour experiments haven't been totally successful so far so all tips gratefully received. Thanks for all your lovely cards this week. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I think you invented a new technique! I love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing the exact details on how you created your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fall card! Love the background, warm and rich colors! The stitching looks great! Thanks for a fantastic GIU week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you made the leaves out of a patterned paper. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow those are some great colors! I just love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love watercolor and you did a great job!

    I'm so happy you were the GIU gal this week. It was fun to see what you came up with each day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very colorful card and lots of different stages. Very nice. Thanks for all the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card!! love the background..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the stamped and embossed leaves and the gorgeous background! The stitching adds wonderful texture

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so fabulous! I really love all of the techniques you incorporated and those leaves are my favorite aspect. So clever! I also think the distressed edge and stitching details are brilliant. I love the sentiment and the watercolored background. It sounds like it was a lot of work with the warped paper and all, but it was worth every effort because it turned out beautifully! Thank you for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete