Thursday, October 2, 2014

GIU - Day 4



Wow!!!  Can you believe it is October already.  Yesterday my hubby said to me that are 30 more days until Halloween.  That really cracked me up.  I found out he has an app that has a Halloween count down. There really is an app for everything.

With that being said, my projects today are Halloween themed.

My first card I used the Unity stamp Hello My Pretty Friend,  I stamped and colored the legs image and then paper pieced the dress.   Just seeing the bottom half of the witch really makes me smile.  I have to confess.  I saw this idea on Pinterest, however, I took the idea to another level by using by border punches and embossing folders to embellish the dress.



For my second card I used the Unity stamp Kooky Spooky.   I stamped and embossed the image and the frame.   I used the embossing folder on the background and then added some color with a silver Gelato to make the embossing pop.  I have another confession here and must give credit were credit is due.  After adding the letters I felt that the who card was a little flat.  I showed it to the hubby.  He suggested to add glitter behind the letters.  So.... out came the Stickles.   I then added the google eyes to the bat just to make the card more fun.






One more day remaining of my GUI showcase.  So be sure to check back tomorrow for the final project.  

And remember at the end of the week I will be giving away 2 Itty Bitty stamps to one random person who leaves a comment.

The winner could be from any day.  So the more day's you comment means more entries.  

Here are the links to Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 blog post if you missed them.  
See ya tomorrow...

Teresa









I will be entering this card into the following challenges



20 comments:

  1. BOO-tiful pair of cards Teresa!!!
    LOVE your witches stockings & shoes, LOVE her textured skirt with fancy hemline & embossing too!!! My border punches still enjoy a workout and I'm always on the lookout for new ways to use them.
    As for BOO - it is SO CUTE - the patterns in your bat's wings look fabulous, and WOW - the texture & sparkle behind the BOO is SO COOL!!! I'm glad your husband helped because mine helps me with suggestions that I just never think of too => we made good choices :)
    THANK YOU for sharing your fun cards today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crazy over your kooky, spooky bat!!! LOVE this image. What a wonderful bat card. Lucky you with a hubby who can make terrific suggestions. Mine prob would have suggested duct tape. :)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think blogger ate my comment sooooo.... The witch made me chuckle as well. Great colours and such fun. Love the bat and the boo. Hugz Bwahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Spooky! Love them both, and the Boo! card is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fabulous Halloween cards! I love both of them! that embossing folder on the bat card is an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love for both! I love the bat image and the colors you used. And the embossing really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice touch with the border punch!! beautiful!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  8. spooktacular! Love the sparkly "BOO" and the cute googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha how fun. These are awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun Halloween cards, Teresa! I love the skirt you created with punches and embossing folder... too cute! And Kooky Spooky is a great stamp... I have it also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute Halloween cards. Love the black one with the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,both of these cards are so fun! I love the paper pieced witch and that bat one is amazing with the glitz and large die cut letters. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute card! love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor witch....the house cut her in half :) Nice colors---love the orange, black and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them both! that boo with the bat is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like both ideas, but I think using the border punch on the witch's skirt was a great touch! It is nice to have a husband who "get it!" Depending on what mine is involved in, he can be helpful, with great ideas or or just not have any ideas at all. I figure at least he has paid attention enough that he probably knows how each thing in the card happened and if he did have a suggestion would know what tool to tell me to use. I don't think everyone gets a hubby like that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both card are awesome. I like the witch best. Guess it is the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome cards!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete