Sunday, May 29, 2016

Growing In Unity Blog Hop



Good Morning.

Hope you are enjoying you weekend.


Today I am participating in the Growing In Unity Blog Hop.

I am the last stop.  If you just arrive head on over to the Unity blog to get started 

The set I chose to work with is the Unity was She Found Joy Kit of the Month 

I have been playing with Ken Oliver's Color Burst.

I found a technique where I use the Color Burst mixed with blending gel on watercolor paper.

I first created the background using Yellow and Ocher color burst.  The Ocher is cool because it leaves orange and green color streaks behind.  

After the paper dried, I then stamped the background 
image using a brown pigmented in and clear embossed.  






The poppies were stamped and gold embossed on Watercolor paper.   

I used the same technique to color the poppies using red and orange Color Burst.  

The center of the poppies are black distress glitter.  

I popped them off the background to give the card some dimension 

Be sure to leave comments along the way.
Two lucky people will be winning some Unity 

Here is today's line up.







I will be entering this card in the following challenges





26 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Love everything about this! Your background stamp is gorgeous. Great choice. Love your use of the distress glitter for the poppy centres. More yummy texture to an already fabulous work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So cool and perfect color combos! Love how you created your own BG with Colour bursts, really caught my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poppies! Never thought about mixing the color burst with gel...must try. Thanks for the idea. Have a good weekend. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! The background, the images and design are super. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa. I like everything about this. The colors, flowers, background... Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just wonderful lovely handmade bg paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Love all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour burst and stamped background and I love those poppies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the poppies! Fabulous colors and background to show off those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool card. I think even guys would enjoy this card. Well doen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Flowers look great on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Flowers look great on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the orange/red flowers against the yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. I like how you used the Color Bursts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, so artsy. Thank you for explaining how you did it .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! Gorgeous card with gold and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW love this vintage card. Love the colors Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is just so beautiful. I love all the details you added. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to receive this card. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, so pretty. Love the colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful, I love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete