Monday, January 25, 2021

Growing in Unity - Day 1

 












Good morning!

I am super excited to be this weeks GIU Gal.

It has been a while since I have blogged.  

Just as I finished taking care of  my Dad's estate we went into lockdown for Covid. 

I have been doing some art journaling to help reduce the stress of the world 
but the card making stuff has been collecting some dust.   

It was nice to start breaking everything out and making some cards again.  

Today I made this Tall mermaid card using Unity Stamp Set 
Open Sky, Deep Ocean


This is such a fun set.  Love the sea them and all those great sentiments.   

The mermaid is such a beautify image





I colored the image using water color markers.

Added some dimension using some Nuvo drops for the bubbles.  

I actually messed up one of the jellyfish.  
What do they say?.... Mistakes are opportunities to embellish.
So... Glitter was added to all of the jellyfish to give them a little sparkle.  

I found this background paper at Hobby Lobby.  It is a perfect match for my colors and theme.  


I did not add a sentiment because I'm not sure how I will use this card. 
 It is nice to have a few totally blank cards for unexpected notes.  

If you need some dimensions of a tall card.  
I found that you can purchase envelopes that are 8.875" x 3.875"
I cut 1/4" off the dimensions for the card size and it fits perfectly.

Now that you made it this far it is time to find out how to win some Unity Stamps of your very own.

I will be featuring projects all week.  
At the end of the week I will pull 2 lucky names to win a $20 credit to the Unity website.  

Please be sure to comment every day.

Thank you for stopping by.

Teresa 



34 comments:

  1. I love this card. The colors you chose are beautiful. I’m going to be on the lookout for that background paper on my next trip to Hobby Lobby. Look forward to spending the week with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and your coloring is wonderful. Perfect pattern paper too❣️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great card and those jelly fish look perfect to me. This image works great on a slim line card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! And, yes, the paper is perfect. I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours pf your pretty mermaid card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I LOVE your background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that kit and so happy for you to feature it! Your mermaid is beautiful. That image is made for a slime line card!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just adore this! Sooo very pretty. And you're right - the patterned paper you found is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card and have seen that paper at HL. This is a great KOM. Looking forward to the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thank you so much for sharing! Looking forward to a great GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Can't waut to see the rest of your projects

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mermaid slimline card is so beautiful. The black top with the vibrant green is stunning. The patterned paper bordering the card is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the coloring on the tail. Looking forward to see your projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright colored background! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bright colored background! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! One of my favorite KOM. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome design and coloring! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. I agree, it's nice to have a few cards ready for sentiments as you need them

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! I'm beginning to like the slim line cards. Haven't made any yet, but this is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! your Mermaid card! She is soooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I'm glad you were able to dust off your supplies and create a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is so perfect for a slimline, I have used her often! Glad you're enjoying getting back into card making!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful slimline! Love all of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! You've inspired me to ink up my Unity mermaid image!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I finally found time to sneak on by to check out your makes for Unity. LOL Very cute card. The paper is a perfect match for the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete