Tuesday, February 27, 2024

2024 Growing in Unity - Day 2

 


Hello there my crafty friends.  Its day two for my week with Unity.

For my project today I took some inspiration from a project that I saw on Pinterest.   



I love the effect of the watercolor background with a simple back image

For my card I used my color burst powder. 

 I still have not mastered using color burst.  I feel like I usually make more of a mess.  

I made a whole bunch of little squares of many different colors.  

I then settled on the green/yellow groups.  

I then stamped and embossed the images onto those squares.   In the future I think I would stamp the images and then cut or punch out the squares. 

I went with the tall card layout.  My card is 8-1/2" x 3-3/8" to fit the envelopes I have.

The images I chose came from 3 different sets.   Within BeautyWhole Wonderful World

and Feel the Joy.

  








That is my project for today.  

Remember there is a giveaway.
  
Please leave a comment every day and the end of the week I will choose a couple of lucky winners to receive a $20 credit to the Unity website.  

And if Blogger is being a booger or have an unknown comment, please,  
leave your name in the comment so I can include you in the drawing.

Thanks for stopping in today

Teresa






30 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the bright spring colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the simplicity of the black stamped images! Such a pretty slim line card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty images and your color burst backgrounds! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I agree, stamp first then die cut. Hopefully simpler to accomplish. (sue nagata)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely slimline card!! Love color burst powders!! I should get mine out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Love the watercolor effect. Jean marmo mjmarmo@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I coment in you other card. I just discover how to coment in here. You cards are beautiful. You have a blessing day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great spring colors and perfect size for this layout! Haven't used my powders since the last major mess I made. 🤣 Might have to try again. (I found Feel the Joy https://www.unitystampco.com/feel-the-joy/ )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat design with some fun techniques and looks that are inspiring me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! I love the idea of using color burst on smaller cards. Would be so much easier to control. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Great card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful slimline card! I like that you mixed the sets together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card!!! I need to get some colorburst powders. They look like they'd be really fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pretty card with the spring fresh colors! Color burst powders are so fun to use. Thanks for sharing!!💚💛🩵

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! And you've inspired me to get my color burst out again (I've only used them a couple times, also thinking I made a mess lol). I also love that there's no coloring of the images and yet the card is still beautiful (I'm not a great colorist so I love that inspiration).

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors used are so pretty. Reminds me of the color challenge going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card! Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card. Love how you used just a portion of the larger stamps. I always forget you don’t need the entire image.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel the same about color burst powders. They really make nice backgrounds. Pretty slimline card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG this is so awesome, love everything....then fact that you left the images uncolored is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great way to use these stamps! I love the "squares" idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I love the watercolor background. I'll have to look up Color Burst Powder?

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty. I have color burst but I need to get them out and use them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful! I always feel like I have to color the images. But the water color background and your printed paper and card stock add enough color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooos, I forgot when coming to your blog from FB, Blogger doesn’t know who I am. This anonymous is me!

      Delete
  25. I like your slimline card! I have pigment powders and I always feel like I try to add too much and it’s a random melt of colors. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot my name..Sarah Goulet

      Delete
  26. So pretty! Makes me think of Spring!
    Jodie Powers

    ReplyDelete