Monday, March 13, 2023

2023 Growing in Unity Day 1

 


Good morning and happy Monday,

I am very excited to be the featured GIU Gal this week and share my projects with you.

The last couple of years have been super crazy and I have not had much time and energy to papercraft so I am feeling a little rusty.

For my project today I chose to use stamps from the Simple Wisdom set designed by Graciellie Designs,  It is such a beautiful set of flowers and I love the sentiments 










For this card I decided to try a new technique and create a distress design and simply stamp and black image floating outside the color.   I've seen this done before but I never really gave it a try.  

The color block was created by die cutting the scalloped circle and then using the circle as my mask.  It took me a couple attempts to find a size and location for the image before I landed on this one.  I really like the sentiment as it goes with the idea of being outside the circle or box.  I also embossed the image and sentiment to help add some dimension to the layout.  

I chose the simple black and white pattern to help pull the black image forward,  

I hope you enjoy today's project and come back tomorrow.

Make sure to leave a comment everyday this week as I will be choosing 2 lucky people to win a prize from Unity. 

Thanks for stopping by


Teresa




  




28 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love the way you masked the color. Can't wait to see more.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Simple and beautiful! I’ll be trying this technique for sure! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really pretty! Love spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love how it's more of a clean and simple

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Love the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clean and simple look of this card! It's so pretty. I'll be trying this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get stuck on complicated coloring, layers & embellishments. This is lovely and such a great example of something I need to work on. TFS!! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great technique! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I’ve not tried this technique either. Thanks for sharing.- Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful in its simplicity! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful CAS card! I'm looking forward to the rest of your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply lovely. Never seen this technique. It's cool. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great CAS card! Looking forward to tomorrow's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beauty
    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simple and beautiful-
    Silvia Haynes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Really liking this technique and I love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! I love the beautiful daffodil stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colors you used for your spotlight technique
    Shannon H - OlasMoonDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool technique that makes for a great card! Looking forward to the rest of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty to spotlight the flower in that way! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I missed this one! It is so beautiful!! I love that spotlight of color!!!

    ReplyDelete