Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Growing in Unity - Day 3





Happy Wednesday!!  

Today is day 3 of my Growing in Unity week.  

My project today is an ATC (Artist Trading Card)




ATC's are small art cards that can be tradeded.  They are the size of a baseball card.  3-1/2" x 2-1/2".  They are usually numbered with the run.
Some artist make one of a kind or may make multiples of the same theme.

Some groups do a ATC swap.  I have participated in these types of swap.
This is where everyone makes cards of a theme.... like Christmas or Summer fun.
Then the cards are sent to one person and they return to you one of each card from each artist.
 It is a fun event.
But since postage has increased so much, may of these swaps have disappeared.  

I made this ATC to enter into a the ATC contest at Rubber Stamp Show last weekend.  There were 12 wonderful entries.  Mine was not one of the top 3 winners.  Oh well.  There is always next year.

For the background and coloring of the balloon, I used some of my Silks Acrylic Glaze. 
I love the paints and use them frequently.  

I then stamp the image in the location I wanted on the card 
and stamped a second to paint and cut out so pop off the paper.  

I used some gold Ferro with a stencil to add some texture to the background
before I attached the balloon.   

I used wire to make the balloon strings and attached them with a tiny drop of glossy accents.      


I did not stamp the sentiment straight.  Ugh!! ( I do this way to frequently)

To fix my error, I cut the whole card down to straighten the sentiment.  
At this point I made an identical background piece and framed the whole image with black.  

This Unity image is one of my favorites.  
It is called Adventurous 


Remember to leave a comment on all of the post this week.  


Two lucky people will win 25 random stamps from Unity. 
The more you comment the more chances you have to win.


~Teresa~





38 comments:

  1. Love the bright colours. The balloon is gorgeous. Great save on the wonky sentiment. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your BEAUTIFUL balloon Teresa!!!
    Your background is FABULOUS too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - I used to love ATC swaps too, it was always fun opening the envelope and seeing everyone's original artwork :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous ATC! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ATC is gorgeous! I love the background that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your ATC is beautiful, Teresa! It's been a while since I hosted a swap - folks are just so busy!!! Thanks for sharing - love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Great bright colors and fabulous design! Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty & colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Great imagination using the wire as strings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darned cute. I like how you made it fly off the page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vibrant colors with this image, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore the colors you used, super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, love the bold coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ATC! Great colors and textures! And again, another Unity stamp that I hadn't noticed before!
    In reading your profile on the Unity blog, I see you are in the Sac area. I'm not far away, in Penn Valley! I missed the convention this year because I was attending a wedding out of town, but I otherwise would have been there. Hope it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in a local ATC swap group, but it has recently come to a close. I miss making them!

      Delete
  14. Really cute card. I love the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is my favorite of the week thus far. I love the colors, the images, and the tale of having to recalibrate for stamping crooked (I do that way way too often myself, so it's nice to see a way to recoup the images).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. Love the bright and bold colors. The stamped image is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, isn't that just too cute! Love the texture, layers and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful ATC,love it's color,details and creativity.Thanks ofr sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! The colors just pop on this card and love your clever balloon strings!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous. Love all the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! So fabulous! Love the gold "clouds". :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty. Love how you popped it up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colors, dimension and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  24. L O V E the Balloon!!!
    BEAUTIFUL Colors & Embellishments!!!!
    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, my gosh, Teresa, all three of your creations are divine! This little hot air balloon is SO fun and so adorable for an ATC!! And the crooked sediment? I do the same thing and cut my card to match the "correct" line of the sediment. Luckily, there are lots of ways to mat and fix the design to make it all work!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so pretty! I love the black framing! I think it really makes the image POP! I am famous for crooked sentiments and often leave it that way to show that mistakes are OK! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I so love this card. Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love, love, love the balloon - just love the colors! and the way you have done the balloon is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the bright colors! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card is so sweet. I love the blue background as it really shows off the hot air balloon. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This one is my favorite of the week so far - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love, love, love this. My favorite of the whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sentiment looked straight to me. Love the colors you chose. Great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the vivid colors and the stenciled gold!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete